What you should reasonably expect from the Doctors and Staff at Bedford House Medical Centre:-
1. You will be treated as an individual and with courtesy and respect at all times, irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes etc.
2. We will maintain your right to confidentiality at all times.
3. We will strive to ensure you are seen within 30 minutes of your appointment time. Where this is not possible, you will be notified of the delay as soon as possible.
4. You can see a doctor within 24 hours and a Practice Nurse within 48 hours.
5. Appointments can be made up to 4 weeks in advance.
6. You have a right to a full explanation of your illness and any tests, investigations or consultations relating to that illness. You must tell us if you do not understand any explanation.
7. When joining our Practice you will be entitled to a free health check with the Nurse and details of this Practice via this booklet will be issued.
8. You have the right to complain about our service, either verbally or written, to our Practice Manager. We will ensure that you are guided through the complaints procedure.
What your Doctor and Staff should reasonably expect from the Patient:-
1. You should always treat the Doctors and staff with the same courtesy and respect with which you would expect to be treated.
2. Be open and honest with the doctors and staff. The receptionists work on the doctors’ instructions when asking certain questions so that they can best deal with your request in accordance with the policies set out by the doctors.
3. If you are unable to keep an appointment please cancel in good time to enable someone else to be seen in your place.
4. Do not always expect a prescription each time you see a doctor, they are not always necessary.
5. Before asking for a home visit, please consider if it is really necessary.
You can often be seen much quicker by coming in to the Surgery. If you really do need a visit, please ring before 11.00am and provide all relevant information to the receptionist. This is an essential part of our policy to help the doctor prioritise individual cases.
6. You should only request a visit out of hours in an emergency situation and not for any illness or problem that can wait until the Surgery is next open.
7. Always follow your doctors’ advice and take the full course of any medication prescribed to you.
Any patient who is violent or abusive to any staff in this Surgery will be reported to the Police and removed from the list without delay.
All information held about any patient registered with the Practice is kept away from the public and/or other patients and is only used by staff employed directly by the Practice with the
strictest of confidentiality applied at all times.
Disclosure of any information to a third party, i.e., Solicitor, Life Insurance Group etc will only be submitted following written consent only from the patient or the patients’ guardian.
You have a right to view your medical records held at this Practice – if you wish to do so, please contact our Manager for further details
At times, we may need to use information held about you. At all times confidentiality is maintained.